To work in angular project first we have to install nodejs, an editor and an angularcli. In this tutorial we will see how to install all the things which we want to develop angular project and also we will see how to create an angular project. Angular tutorial setting up – Create new project – node js and angular cli
Getting Started – Setting Up.
Install node js:
Visit: https://nodejs.org/en/ and download recommended or latest version and do regular process to install a software
Once installed, open Command Prompt (cmd) and check the version of node js
- node -v
- which will display the installed version of node v10.15.3 (it might for you)
- npm -v
- which tell the package manager version
I recommend visual studio code since it provide a support for TypeScript, visit https://code.visualstudio.com/ download latest version and install it.
Install Angular CLI:
Visit https://cli.angular.io/ to get the command to install angular ci
- npm install -g @angular/cli which will install angular cli in the current directory.
But to install globally issue the following command
- npm install -g @angular/cli -g
- ng –version
- Which will tell the angular cli version
Creating the angular project
To create a new angular project issue the command and open the project in the visual studio editor.
- ng new first-project
- Here first-project is the name of the project.
How to run the project.
Issue the following command to run the project in browser.
- ng serve
- This will create a local server and deploy our project into it.
- To run the project, open the browser and hit localhost:4200